Installation

Tutorials for <a href="http://www.phpbbstyles.com/viewtopic.php?t=356">eXtreme Styles mod</a> for phpBB 2.0.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby donniedarko on Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:09 am

[quote user="UseLess" post="85496"]Greetings,

Well... have you checked to make sure the template exists and is not empty? As the error message tells you what the problem could be.

If the file is not in 'templates/iSkin_black/' then put it there, if it's there but empty then have a look at the original which will probably be in the 'subSilver' dir and see what is supposed to be in it.[/quote]

I've copied all the SubSilver files in the iSkin_Black directory, overwriting existing files and then deleted subSilver.cfg subSilver.css and subSilver.ini.

Problem now, is I can't see categories or forums sections when I go to my forum.
The button or tree images don't show in AdminCP and forum.

Any ideas?
donniedarko

Confused

Postby Bowen on Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:23 am

Ok, Im new to using phpbb and I need a little help setting this mod up... Any suggestions were to start first?

I'v downloaded it before anyone suggests that, and have extracted the files.

I'm just really not sure how to upload the files to the forum. I'v also made the 'cache' folder in the 'root' folder and well from there...Im lost -_-
Bowen

Postby UseLess on Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:41 am

Greetings,

Read this post: viewtopic.php?p=79226#79226 from the bit where it says 'The easiest way to explain how to install this mod is as follows;'
Movie Quote:
It's not the years honey, it's the mileage...

I do not provide any install services for phpBB, Mods or Styles.
Please do not pm me for support/scripting help - you won't get any reply. If you have a question then make a post in the appropriate forum.
UseLess

Page Not Found

Postby Mordrov on Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:40 am

Ok, I am not an expert at stuff like this by any means, although I know I at least installed the mod correctly. I have the eXtreme Styles section now on the left side of my Forum Admin Index area. However, when I click on either of the two options listed there, I get a page not found on the right side. Any thoughts?
Mordrov

Postby UseLess on Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:15 pm

Greetings,

Read the post above yours.....
Movie Quote:

Please do not pm me for support/scripting help - you won't get any reply. If you have a question then make a post in the appropriate forum.
UseLess

Postby falafelboy on Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:58 pm

Hi everyone. I'm having this one issue.

Signature problem: when I tick off the "attach sig" box under my profile, and then I attach my sig, I am still forced to manually place a tick each I post for my signature to appear.

Even though it is properly set under my profile, I have to manually tick each time via the post.

thanks for the help! :oops:
falafelboy

After uploading...

Postby iyeru42 on Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:25 pm

After uploading the files as said in the zip file, eXtreme Styles doesn't appear in the ACP. My version of phpBB is 2.0.22.
iyeru42

Postby UseLess on Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:17 pm

Greetings,

If you don't see the eXtreme Styles section in the ACP menu then you have not installed the mod correctly.

To install this mod upload the contents of the 'root' dir from the archive to the root of your forum. Once uploaded the only difference you'll see in the root is an extra dir 'xs_mod' and also make sure 'includes/template.php' is updated with the one from XS Mod it's size will be > 60k if it's been replaced.
Movie Quote:

UseLess

Thanks,

Postby iyeru42 on Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:06 pm

It worked, apparently my FTP client didn't overwrite the file because the file I had for phpBB2.0.22 was newer than the eXtreme Style's file.
iyeru42

Postby diskwizz on Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:12 pm

Getting the following error after installation. Have I put the tpl files in the wrong place?
Currently in forum/templates/subSilver
Error message as follows.
Template->make_filename(): Error - template file not found: ../../xs_mod/tpl/frameset.tpl

Thanks in advance, DW
diskwizz

Postby Salty on Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:06 pm

Make sure the /xs_mod/ directory is in the root of your forum, not in the templates directory.
Salty

Postby Bulldog Stang on Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:53 am

I am having an issue with this .. I am a n00b when it comes to this but I get this message at the top of the page when I select the eXtreme Styles in the Admin CP ... here is the message i get ...

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare session_begin() (previously declared in /home/vtownracingcom/public_html/phpBB2/includes/sessions.php:27) in /home/vtownracingcom/public_html/phpBB2/includes/sessions.php on line 27

Can someone help me with this or tell me what I need to do to fix it ...
Bulldog Stang

a little help

Postby kireflash on Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:13 am

I got everything installed correctly, or so I think. I'm having some problems. I'm using the xs_mod_240. I downloaded and installed a new theme called Morpheus. Some links are not loading or running properly. When I click on them they bring up a blank white page. The things that are not working are Private Messages link on top the page, New Topic button in a forum, Reply and Quick Reply to a topic, Underneath a topic the quote edit and delete functions wont work but the ip function does. Does anybody have any suggestions on what went wrong during installion of the new theme or how I might fix it? To see for yourself the url is http://kireflash.co.nr. Also, just tried change my default and everybodys theme to subsilver. Still encountered the same problems. I think some file got messed up somewhere, I just dont know which one.
kireflash

AMIN CP LOGS ME OUT

Postby nautilussoftware on Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:25 am

Hello;

I installed this mod with phpbb 2.0.22 and

it comes up in the ADMIN CP

but if I try to click on any of the items in the ADMIN CP on the left. it logs me out of the forum.

does any one know why this would be happening?

thanks

-peter
Salvation is found in only one name:: Jesus Christ
nautilussoftware

Here is what I got

Postby texaspepper on Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:53 am

I uploaded the contents of the Zip xs_mod_240 to server as follows with WS_FTP Pro:

Contib dir - it did an over write of all files -asking me if I wanted to over write files one by one. I said yes to all.
Root dir - it did an over write of all files -asking me if I wanted to over write files one by one. I said yes to all.

Cache dir already existed -and chmod was already set at 777

Logged into the board www.texaspepper.net/phpbb2/index.php
Message "You must delete the install and contrib directories" Hum. No install dir exsit so I did a name change on contrib dir to "contrib_mod."

Was able to see the board normal. Check in Admin for update stats. Shows still running extreme 2.3.1

I am lost on this one Cyber. Where did I go wrong on such and easy upgrade? I know it should be simple to do but I missed some thing somewhere.
Texas Pepper
Life is too short to drink bad coffee
texaspepper

PreviousNext

Return to eXtreme Styles mod tutorials