SpamBOTs

Conventional discussion only. No politics, religion and other topics that might cause conflicts.
Strictly appropriate discussions only, meaning spammers and trolls will be banned on first offense.

Moderator: Moderators

SpamBOTs

Postby Momentum on Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:27 am

This board is getting to be overrun by SpamBOTs, to the point where I'm about to just lose the bookmark and forget the place. Before I do though, can I suggest that someone in charge add this MOD and simply stop the BOTs from registering....

Craig.

Edit: and BTW, the server clock is wrong. :shock:
Just for fun, I'll sometimes merge two totally unrelated topics.
Momentum

Re: SpamBOTs

Postby Splinter on Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:54 pm

In response to the spam on the forum I totally agree! I stopped coming here a couple of months back because I feel that the owners have, once again, just left the site to die. It is a shame because this site used to be a good place to hang out!

As for the Mod. A better Mod to install would be a Mod I am helping Useless develop here: http://www.phpbbstyles.co.uk/info/viewt ... p?f=6&t=20 It allows you to define a list of unwanted words or url's in the ACP and then scans each post before it is added to the database. If it finds an unwanted word then it deletes the post and bans the user.
Splinter
Coder
Coder

Return to Regular Discussion