Changing back ground color

Conventional discussion only. No politics, religion and other topics that might cause conflicts.
Strictly appropriate discussions only, meaning spammers and trolls will be banned on first offense.

Moderator: Moderators

Changing back ground color

Postby icereefer on Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:04 am

Hi Sorry I Know this maybe a simple question but I'm new at this stuff and did some changing on my header color and would like to know where do I need to go to change the background color on the board. should I be looking in Prosilver Templates/themes or imagesets?.
can I use a image or do I have to use a solid or gradient color.
icereefer

Re: Changing back ground color

Postby husker on Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:16 am

Do you mean you want just a completely different style? There are different color combination's of Prosilver, if you would like those.
husker

Postby icereefer on Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:45 am

husker wrote:Do you mean you want just a completely different style? There are different color combination's of Prosilver, if you would like those.

No I'm sorry I might be explaining myself wrong . I just want to change the background color on the prosilver on my forum and portal from the white color to a deeper blue color.
icereefer

Postby husker on Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:10 am

Try looking in the ACP style editor, in the imagesets. See if there is somewhere to change the background image.
husker

Postby icereefer on Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:33 pm

Ok Thanks I'll just start copy and paste my files from my FTP over to my desktop and open each one up till I find it I guess.
one more stupid question once I make my changes where do I go to purge my cache? I've been going on the ACP to the mod panel and re-setting my cookies or hitting F5 on my key board and every mod I make on the board shows up.is this the same as Purging Cache?
icereefer

Postby husker on Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:15 pm

You should be able to at least view files from your FTP client, I would think.

I believe that works. Otherwise look for just a simple option in the ACP. I'll take a look and try to find an easier way
husker

Return to Regular Discussion