PM question?

Conventional discussion only. No politics, religion and other topics that might cause conflicts.
Strictly appropriate discussions only, meaning spammers and trolls will be banned on first offense.

Moderator: Moderators

PM question?

Postby volant on Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:31 am

Hi there, new to this site so please bear with me.

I am in the process of setting up a forum, fortunately I have deligated all the technical work to an expert as it is beyond me. One question I have regarding PM's - can admin read other people's PMs or access members inbox?

The reason I ask is because I don't want access to members PM's, so can the board be set to deny access?

Thanks.
volant

Postby Case on Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:07 am

A standard phpBB2 install will NOT allow admin to read members PM's. It would take a modification to allow admins to do so.

I have heard that you can read the PM's through phpmyadmin but I've never tried myself. Perhaps someone else can shed some light on that.
[size="9"]The Dope Spot - Urban Music Forum[/size]
Case

Postby Kjtocool on Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:24 pm

[quote user="Case" post="88043"]A standard phpBB2 install will NOT allow admin to read members PM's. It would take a modification to allow admins to do so.

I have heard that you can read the PM's through phpmyadmin but I've never tried myself. Perhaps someone else can shed some light on that.[/quote]

I've done that before. Had an issue with a user where they made it nessecarry to read their posts. Went into phpmyadmin, a quick search found the PM's.
Kjtocool

Return to Regular Discussion