Password Protection

Conventional discussion only. No politics, religion and other topics that might cause conflicts.
Strictly appropriate discussions only, meaning spammers and trolls will be banned on first offense.

Moderator: Moderators

Password Protection

Postby ebiV on Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:35 pm

Hey guys, Just a quick question.

I've created two forums under a category, and was wondering if it's possible to password protect these forums, or if someone could explain how to create a special member group that can access this forum?

Thanks for your help.
ebiV

Postby Thatbitextra on Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:49 pm

My MODs: [NEW] Choose Who to Accept PMs From (Prevents you from receiving unwanted PMs!) | Warn of Old Topic Before Posting Reply
Style: subBlack (Now updated to phpBB 2.0.22 and 5 new color schemes!)

Please note, I do NOT offer support via PM. It's a forum, so post your question, then everyone can help.
Thatbitextra

Location: A place where something is or could be located; a site.

Re: Password Protection

Postby xenie357 on Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:46 am

Well, I am not sure that how to protect password of your personal forums or any sites. I had no option but to bump into this old thread. I also just looking for ideas that can be got from these places. My friends talking about this. He also has created a forum and he is looking for the way to protect password these forum. If there is any explanation through this forum it will be great help for me and my friend. Please help if you can. Thank you.
xenie357

Postby eis8899 on Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:42 am

You can SET your own ".htaccess" to protect your file, it's most easy and safe way to set password for your files or DIC.
Want to lose belly fat? You need some ways to lose weight, here are some tips on how to lose weight.
eis8899

Postby cglance08 on Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:56 am

You will find an example that might be helpful to you on http://www.totallyphp.co.uk/scripts/pas ... a_page.htm
cglance08

Return to Regular Discussion